Eco-friendly car recycling in Worcester Park
Why is there so much talk about car recycling in Worcester Park? Like any type of recycling, using the metal and other materials from cars reduces the amount of waste being sent to landfills. A major benefit of car recycling and car breaking is that steel can be reused for different parts and this means that new ore does not need to be mined and less energy is required during the manufacturing period.
Here at Car Scrap Surrey, your scrap car or van will be taken to our Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF). First, hazardous materials such as fuel and coolant will be drained from your car, so they cannot damage waterways or groundwater.
We can recycle and reuse up to 95 per cent of your car, including:
- Batteries, which are recycled to make new batteries
- Tyres, which can become surfacing materials, compost bins, and other products
- Scrap metals that are then used for a variety of purposes, including cars and in the construction industry
- Glass, which can be turned into new glass products
- Plastic on the dashboard, bumpers, and so on, which is turned into recycled auto parts, carpets, and garden furniture
Even vehicles that are no longer roadworthy can be recycled to be turned into something new. Many parts can continue to function for many years to come.
If you have any questions or wish to know more about the car scrapping or car recycling process, our car scrap experts are always willing to help.